What Can This Plugin Do?
You can use it to
- Create a fullscreen slideshow
- Create a fullscreen background (single slide)
- That’s about it… It does use the new media uploader and you can drag and drop your images to rearrange them which is kind of cool.
This plugin does one thing and one thing only, to keep it small yet fully functional.
For a list of cool new features in version 2.0 check out the Changelog
About the Shortcode:
There are 7 parameters total that you can use with this shortcode. The ID being the only one that’s absolutely required.
List of parameters:
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the shortcode [vegas id=”xxx”]
- Customize the slideshow using the parameters explained in screenshot #5
[vegas id="565" fade="2500" delay ="4500" overlay="http://mydomain.com/urloftheimage/" arrows="yes" autoplay="yes" poster="yes"]
Using the Shortcode
After you’ve added images to your slideshow and generated a shortcode you just need to copy the shortcode and paste it into the content of any page or post you want the slideshow to show up on. If you want it to show up on every page you’ll have to add some code to the header.php file in your theme. See the codex’s do_shortcode article for more information on the matter.